Betapace 40 mg
270 pills - 40 mg
180 pills - 40 mg
120 pills - 40 mg
90 pills - 40 mg
60 pills - 40 mg
30 pills - 40 mg
Betapace is used for the treatment of some type of cardiac rhythm disfunction (ventricular arrhythmia). It can be used for other diseases treatment based on your doctor recommendations.
Use Betapace in accordance with your doctor indications.
Betapace is for oral intake with or without food. Try taking it with or without food every time. Consult your doctor or pharmaceutist in case you have any questions on Betapace intake with food.
- do not take antacid drugs with the aluminium or magnesium within 2 hours before and after Betapace intake.
- take Betapace at the same time every day.
- continue taking Betapace even if you feel better. Do not miss any intake.
Consult with your doctor on any questions you have about Betapace application
Drug class and mechanism of action
Betapace is a beta blocker and belongs to the type of drugs called beta-pass. It works by helping the heart to beat on e regular basis within long period of time.
Do not miss any intake. During single miss of doze intake it is necessary to take the doze as soon as possible. If the time of missed doze intake corresponds to the time of next doze intake the drug intake should be missed. The double dosage is prohibited for intake
Store Betapace at room temperature of 68- 77 F degrees (20 -25 С degrees) in a tightly closed container. Short –term storage period at the temperature of 59- 86 F degrees (15 - 30 С degrees) is allowed. Keep away from the sources of heat, humidity and light. Do not store at the bathroom. Keep away from children and pets.
Precautions / warning
Do not use Betapace if:
- you are allergic to any of Betapace component
- you have heart problems( heavy low frequencies of heart contractions, uncontrolled heart insufficiency, some type of abnormal heart beat), low level of potassium or magnesium in blood, serious kidney problems or asthma;
- you take cyzapride, astemizol, terfenadine, mibefradile or teofiline ( eyfilin).
Contact your doctor or pharmaceutist in case any of the following relates to you.
- Betapace can cause sleepiness or giddiness. These effects might get worse if you take Baclofen with alcohol or specific drugs. Mind being cautious when taking Batapass. Do not drive and do not do other possibly dangerous operations until you know your reaction to it:
- Betapace can cause giddiness or fainting. Alcohol, heat, exercises or fever can increase these effects. Sit or rise slowly especially in the morning to prevent these effects. Be sure to sit or lie in case of first signs of these effects.
- inform your doctor or dentist on Betapace intake before getting any medical or dental help, urgent medical help or surgery.
- do not stop Betapace intake sharply as it might cause sharp chest pains, irregular heartbeat or heart attack. Heart diseases can be in form of simple pains you might not know about. The risk might increase if you suffer from specific heart diseases. Your doctor should gradually decrease dosage in case you have to stop drug intake. Limit your physical activity during dosage decrease. Contact your doctor in case if new chest pain or other heart problems arise. You might restart taking Betapace.
- during Betapace intake you might be prescribed to pass such laboratory tests as heart, kidneys functions test and blood pressure monitoring. These tests results might be used for your condition assessment and side effects revealing. Mind keeping all the prescriptions done by your doctor.
- pregnancy and breast feeding: contact your doctor in case if you got pregnant to discuss advantages and risks of Betapace usage during pregnancy. The Betapace discharge with mother milk had not been studied. Do not do breast feeding during Betapace intake.
Possible side effects
Consult with your doctor in case if any of these most wide spread side effects persist or irritate:
- giddiness, sleepiness, headache, tiredness, sleep problems.
Contact your doctor immediately in case any of the following serious side effects arise:
- heavy allergic reactions (rash, nettle rash, itch, breathing difficulties, chest constraint, mouth, face, lips or tongue edema); abnormally quick, slow or irregular heartbeat, vision problems, appetite decrease, increased thirst, vomiting or diarrhea, heavy abdominal pain, sharp or breaking chest pains; sudden leg pain, sudden heavy headache, nausea, giddiness or fainting, short breath, unusual perspiring.
Use Betapace independently and do not share it with other people. Contact your doctor in case of symptoms non-improvement or getting worse.