Clomid is used for women infertility treatment and other diseases based on your doctor recommendations.
Use Clomid in accordance with your doctor recommendations. Check the drug label to get exact instructions about the dosage. Clomid is for oral intake with or without food. Well calculated sexual contacts give good results. The ovulation usually takes place. Usually ovulation takes place 5-10 days after Clomid intake.
Drug class and mechanism of action
Clomid is ovulation stimulator. It acts by prompting the production of hormones bigger amount, which stimulate ovaries secretion of 1 or bigger amount of eggs.
If you missed the drug dose take it as soon as possible. If the time of missed dose corresponds to the time of next dose intake avoid the missed dose and return to your usual drug intake schedule. Double dosage intake is prohibited.
Keep Clomid at the temperature of 77 F degrees (25 C degrees). Short term storage at the temperature of 59-86 F degrees (15-30 C degrees) is allowed. Keep Clomid away from heat, high temperature and sun light. Do not store at the bathroom. Keep away from children and pets.
Do not take Clomid if:
- you are allergic to any of its components;
- you are pregnant;
- you have unusual vaginal bleeding;
- you have ovary cysts (small outgrowth on ovaries) or widenings, which had not been caused by multicyst ovary syndrome;
- you have or have had blood vessels blocking in legs, lungs and other body partsу;
- you have liver problems, thyroid gland or adrenal gland problem, or brain damage (gland hypophysial edema).
Inform your doctor or healthcare advisor if any of the following relates to you.
- do not drink alcohol and do not do other possibly dangerous things until you know your reaction for this drug.
- ovaries widening can occur during or right after Clomid intake. Ask for medical assistance if you have any pain in a stomach or pelvis area, weight increase, pain abdominal widening or other discomfort after Clomid intake.
- Clomid intake is possible during pregnancy in case of more than 1 embryo (twins). Make sure to discuss with your doctor potential difficulties and dangers of multiple pregnancy;
- Laboratory tests such as pregnancy test can be conducted during Clomid intake. The tests can be used for your current condition assessment or side effects revealing. Follow all doctor’s and laboratory personnel recommendations.
- elderly people should be extremely cautious about Clomid intake as they can become more sensitive to this drug side effects.
- pregnancy and breast feeding: do not take Clomid during pregnancy. Avoid pregnancy during this drug intake. Inform your doctor about the possibility of being pregnant. Clomid influence over mother milk had not been studied. Do not do nursing during this drug intake.
Possible side effects
Inform your doctor if any of the following side effects persist or irritate:
- blurred vision or vision problems (stops or flashes); painful sensations in breast, giddiness, ovaries widening, diarrhea, headache, temperature fluctuations, mood changes, nausea, pelvis pain or swelling, stomach pain or nausea.
Ask for urgent medical help if any of the following side effects occur:
- serious allergic reactions (rash, nettle rash, itch, breast hardening, mouth, face, lips or tongue edema) increased risk of ovaries cancer, ovaries increased irritation, spontaneous abortion.
Clomid should be used only by the patients who it is prescribed to. Do not share it with other people.