Levitra is an oral therapy for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. It can be also used for other purposes.
Take Levitra is case of necessity only approximately one hour before sexual activity. Levitra intake requires some sexual stimulation as it does not cause the erection itself.
Do not take Levitra more than once a day.
The break between doses should be not less than 24 hours.
- Levitra starts acting within 16 minutes in comparison to 30-50 minutes of Viagra action;
- Levitra can be taken with food while Viagra should be taken at empty stomach only;
- Levitra does not cause side effects for heart while Viagra has and additional monitoring is required;
- the action of Levitra is longer and confirmed by clinical tests in comparison to Viagra;
- action of up to 6 hours;
- recommended time before sexual act makes from 25 till 45 minutes;
- has no limitations in food and alcohol.
- Levitra has less side effects in comparison to Viagra and its action is nearly the same like the action of Viagra.
Mechanism of action
Levitra is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor that works by helping blood flow into a penis to achieve and maintain an erection.
Levitra is used in case of necessity so you can hardly miss a dose.
Keep at the temperature of 25 C degrees (77 F degrees). The temperature fluctuations of 15-30 C degrees (59-86 F degrees). Keep Levitra and other drugs away from children, moisture and heat.
Do not use Levitra if:
- you are allergic to any of Levitra component;
- you take the drugs containing nitroglycerin (pills, plaster or ointment), nitrates( isosorbid) or some antiarrythmic drugs (amoidaron, quinnidin);
- you had heart attack, stroke or other poissibly dangerous heart rhythm disfunctions within last six months;
- you have specific eye problems (retina illnesses such as pigment retina), uncontrolled chest pain, uncontrolled high blood pressure, low blood pressure, heart rhythm disfunction (inherited QT interval extension), heavy heart insufficiency, heavy liver disfunctions requiring dialisis.
Contact your doctor immediately if any of the following relates to you.
Stop this drug usage and contact your doctor immediately in case if any of the following serious side effects occur:
- sudden vision loss;
- ear ringing or hearing sudden loss;
- chest pain or the feeling of heaviness, the pain is spread to hand and shouldren, vomiting, perspiration, general hostility;
- irregular heart beat;
- hand, ankle or leg edema;
- breathing difficulties;
- vision changes;
- painful erection which last more than 4 hours.
- less serious side effects can include:
- skin, neck or chest redness;
- stuffed nose;
- stomach upset
- back pain.
The list of side effects is not complete. Others might arise as well. Inform your doctor on any unusual or frequent side effects.
Levitra is sold under Levitra label. Other or similar labels are available as well. Consult with your doctor in case if you take it for the first time.