Lexapro 20 mg
270 pills - 20 mg
180 pills - 20 mg
120 pills - 20 mg
90 pills - 20 mg
60 pills - 20 mg
30 pills - 20 mg
Lexapro 10 mg
270 pills - 10 mg
180 pills - 10 mg
120 pills - 10 mg
90 pills - 10 mg
60 pills - 10 mg
30 pills - 10 mg
Lexapro 5 mg
270 pills - 5 mg
180 pills - 5 mg
120 pills - 5 mg
90 pills - 5 mg
60 pills - 5 mg
Lexapro is used for the treatment of depression and anxiety. It can also be used for other diseases based on doctors recommendations.
Use Lexapro in accordance with doctor recommendations.
- Lexapro has instruction manual. Study instruction manual carefully and read before each Lexapro intake.
- Lexapro can be taken during meal or after. Take Lexapro together with for stomach upset decrease.
- The effect might be attained within few weeks.
- Continue using Lexapro even if you feel better. Do not miss any dose.
Mechanism of action
Lexapro is a selective inhibitor of serotonin back capture (SISBC) – antidepressant type. It acts by increasing the activity of chemical agents at brain such as serotonin, which helps to raise mood.
Do not miss any Lexapro intake. During single miss of doze intake it is necessary to take the doze as soon as possible. If the time of missed doze intake corresponds to the time of next doze intake the drug intake should be missed. The double dosage is prohibited for intake.
Store Lexapro at room temperature of 77 F degrees (25 С degrees) and keep away from light and humidity, children and pets. Short term storage at the temperature of 59-86 F degrees (15-30 C degrees) is not allowed. Do not store at bathroom
Do not take Lexapro if:
- you are allergic to any of Lexapro component;
- you take citalopram
- you take or have taken monoaminoxidaze inhibitor (ИМАО) (fenelzin), selegilin or tutsan within last 14 days
- you take the derivatives of fenfluramine (dexfenfluramin), H1 antagonist (astemizol, terfenadin), nefadozon, pimozid or sibutramin
Contact your doctor immediately if any of the following relates to you.
Inform your doctor on any of the following diseases or situations:
- pregnancy, plans to get pregnant or breast feeding
- the intake of any drugs sold with or without prescriptions, vegetable preparations or food add-ons
- allergy to drugs, products or other agents,
- you or your family members have the history of bipolar disorders (maniac depressive), other psychical or mood problems, suicidal thoughts or attempts, alcohol or phycho- active agents abuse
- you have spasms, liver problems, serious problems with kidneys, stomach or intestinal bleedings, metabolism problems
- you have dehydration, low level of sodium in the blood or you abuse alcohol
- you are going to have electro spasm therapy (EST)
- Inform your doctor on the intake of any other drugs, especially the following ones:
- fenilfluramine derivatives (dexfenfluramin), linezolid, lithium, MAO inhibitors (fenelzin), metoclopramid, nefadozon, seneligin, agonist of 5-HT1 serotonin receptors (sumatripan), sibutramin, tutsan or tradozon as they can cause such heavy side effects as fever, muscles rigidity, blood pressure changes, blurred consciousness, irritation, mood changes, agitation, delirium or coma.
- anticoagulants (varfarin), aspirin or non- steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen), as they might increase the risk of stomach bleedings
- diuretics (furosemid, hydrocholretiazid) as they can decrease sodium level in blood
- Tramadol or H1 antagonists (astemizol, terfenadin) or fenotiazins (chlorepromazin, tioridazin), as they can cause serious heart problems, including irregular heartbeat
- carbamazepin or cyprogeptadin as they can decrease drug efficiency
- clozapin, pimozid, risperidon or tricyclic antidepressants (amitriptilin), as the risk of their side effects might be increased during this drug intake
Consult with your doctor in case if any of the aforementioned side effects persist or irritate:
- constipation, decrease of sexual desire or capacities, diarrhea, giddiness, sleepiness, mouth dryness, headache, increased perspiration, giddiness when you stand or sit, loss of appetite, vomiting, stomach upset, tiredness, sleep problems.
Сontact your doctor immediately if any of the following serious side effects occur:
- heavy allergic reactions (rash, nettle rash, breathing difficulties, chest constraints, mouth, face, lips or tongue edema); weird behavior, black or blood stool, breast pains, blurred consciousness, quick or irregular heartbeat, hallucinations, period changes; increased agitation, pain attacks, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritation, hostility, agitation, increased excitement, constant heavy sound in ears, painful erection, skin redness or peeling, spasms; sleep problems, stomach pains, suicidal thoughts or attempts, tremor; unusual bruises or bleedings, mood changes, depression worsening.
Lexapro should be used on doctor prescription only. Consult with your doctor in case if symptoms non-improvement or getting worse.